Sunday, May 22, 2011

Spilling Wine



I was once, I was strolling one very hot, summer's day
When I thought I'd lay myself down to rest
In a big field of tall grass.
I lay there in the sun
And felt it caressing my face
As I fell asleep
And dreamed.
I dreamed I was in a Hollywood movie
And that I was the star of the movie.
This really blew my mind,
The fact that me,
An overfed, long-haired, leaping gnome,
Should be the star of a Hollywood movie.
Hmm, but there I was.
I was taken to a place,
The hall of the mountain king.
I stood high upon a mountain top,
Naked to the world,
In front of every kind of girl.
There was long ones, tall ones, short ones, brown ones,
Black ones, round ones, big ones, crazy ones.
Out of the middle
Came a lady.
She whispered in my ear
Something crazy.
She said,

"Spill the wine, take that pearl.
Spill the wine, take that pearl.
Spill the wine, take that pearl.
Spill the wine, take that pearl."

I could feel hot flames of fire roaring at my back
As she disappeared,
But soon she returned.
In her hand was a bottle of wine,
In the other, a glass.
She poured some of the wine from the bottle into the glass
And raised it to her lips
And, just before she drank it,
She said,

"Take the wine, take that girl.
Spill the wine, take that pearl.
Spill the wine, take that pearl.
Spill the wine, take that pearl."

Take that pearl, yeah.
It's on girl, all you gotta do is spill that wine, spill that wine.
Let me feel, let me feel fine, yeah, yeah.
Spill the wine, spill the wine, spill the wine, spill the wine, spill the wine, spill the wine, spill the wine, take that pearl.


With huge acknowledgement of Eric Burdon. Thank you for the music, man

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any comments, questions, suggestions. The floor is yours! Sharing is a huge part of my philosophy, so please, share your thoughts with us